Sunday, April 3, 2011

It has been approved!

People have been asking over the last year where we plan on living. That's a question we have asked ourselves many times over. Both have been open to the possibility of Julianna coming to Norway and for me to go to Utah. We've gone through the emotions and the practicalities, making lists of pro's and con's. Some ask: "Why don't you just pick one place and go?" Well let me tell you, it's not that easy! Once you start digging into it, there are more factors to think about than first beholds the eye, and they all need to be considered. After having made a list and weighted it once again, and after much prayer and communication, we came to a decision on February 12th that it is I who will go to Utah. For how long? We don't know.

Next step then was to finalize my visa application. March 9th I had an interview scheduled at the embassy in Oslo. We had done a pretty thorough work in our preparations, so I wasn't really expecting any issues or challenges being approved, but when it was two hours after my appointed time, I have to admit that I was starting to get a bit nervous. Close to three hours after I got there it was finally my turn, and five minutes later it was over!

Somewhere between 3 or 4 am I called Julianna to tell her all about the interview and that everything had gone well. She had expected my call and although I felt bad for waking her up, we enjoyed sharing the moment together. One week later I could go and pick up my passport with my visa approved :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hooray! For choosing somewhere to live. For being approved. Thank goodness for that personal communication with a loving Heavenly Father who is as concerned about our decisions as we are. Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooooo !! you didn't phone in the middle of the night ??!?! well love can't wait, er....maybe 4 more hours, yes ! HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU François & Christine

    ReplyDelete